Blueprints for Our Future
Blueprints for Our Future Series
A series of virtual events aimed at building stronger pathways to living-wage careers in the construction and manufacturing industries in Portland and beyond.
This event series is a pivot from our annual, in-person Industry for a Day event, where we historically give education partners the opportunity to tour construction and manufacturing sites in an effort to deconstruct bias and build stronger pathways into careers in skilled trades for the youth they serve.
Webinars in the series:
- Why Pathways to Construction & Manufacturing?
Held on Friday, November 20th, this event was designed to give attendees a broad overview of the high-wage, high-demand careers available in the skilled trades — as well as how to support them.
- Career Spotlight: Electrician
Held on Wednesday, March 3, this webinar talks about local pathways to the electrical trades and how to connect students to these popular, lucrative and fulfilling career opportunities.
- Stay tuned for the next event in this series, coming in Spring 2021!
- 2020 Industry Overview booklet compiling information from our last in-person IFAD event
- Portland Workforce Alliance Expo
- AGC Externships for Teachers
- Work Ready (Gresham Chamber of Commerce)
- Hillsboro Chamber School to Career
- Boeing Tech Prep
If you have any questions or suggestions for future sessions, please contact Jeanine Fukuda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors!